We've created a mission statement to describe our identity as "Book Ideas", to summarize the services we offer, and to clarify our goals and intentions.
Please read on...and feel free to share!
|Image via Shutterstock|
In all of the countries my family has lived in and traveled to, we've collected books.
After settling in Fuchu, Japan in 2004, my daughter and I held our first Book Ideas event in the Momijigaoka Bunka Center in August 2006 as a way to share our books with the public. Since July 2015, Book Ideas has a permanent home at Momijigaoka 1-38-9.
It can be difficult to answer the question, “what is Book Ideas?” That’s because Book Ideas “is” many different things. Here are just a few examples:
A library with nearly 3,000 books spanning a wide variety of genres
- A place in which to relax and read
- A place to discuss books and discover new titles
- A place to attend book talks
- A place to check out items
An event space where we organize and host an unusual lineup of activities
- Including presentations on topics ranging from “South Sudan” to “Childhood in the GDR”, seasonal celebrations such as Easter egg painting and Halloween pumpkin carving, activities and crafts, offbeat events and events specially intended for target audiences, such as children’s sessions.
A place for socializing, meeting new people, and catching up with friends!